Welcome to my blog...My name is Kay English and I am a Professional wedding and lifestyle photographer covering the Metro NY/NJ/PA area. Photography is my passion and I hope that shows in every image. I wish to capture God's love in every photograph. My images are fresh, romantic, enchanting and modern with a hint of photojournalism. If you have any questions, please contact me at Kayenglishphoto@gmail.com
Kay English Photography is member of Weddings of Distinction and is the preferred vendor at Bonnet Island Estate,
Mallard Island Yacht Club, The Ashford Estate, The State Room, PNC Arts Center, The Heldrich, and The Radisson.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."-John 3:16

Monday, July 12, 2010

Prayer Request- Missions trip to El Salvador

God is so good! As some of your know, 21 members of my church will be heading to El Salvador in 2 weeks including my husband and I. We will be leaving July 25th and returning August 8th. I would like to start this note by telling you all a little bit about the trip and why we're all going, then I would love to ask for your prayers in certain things and finally end with why I'm going on the trip.

The 21 members going on this trip will be flying down and working in El Salvador. We will be bringing supplies to the people, setting up crafts for the kids, and building a church.

I would love to ask for all of your prayers for the following:
-That all of us going down there will be doing God's will
-That we will all return home safely with Joy in our hearts
-That God will use us to be instruments of his peace
-That we all remain healthy while there
-That God will calm our fears and anxieties about going so we can better prepare and better serve.
-That our hearts will be filled with joy before, during and after the trip
-That we will all come back with a better knowledge of who God is.
-That we won't have any side effects to the medications.

And for a personal prayer, I've been struggling with anxiety a lot lately and would love to ask for prayers about that. Please pray that I would come to know "the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"-Philippians 4:7

Finally, the reason I'm going-
I can't put an exact reason as to why I'm going except that it's what I feel like God called us to do. As some of you know, John and I missed our honeymoon because I was too afraid to fly. So flying to El Salvador was never my top choice of ways to serve. But it's really not about me, it's about God and the people we're serving in El Salvador. And I keep needing to remind myself of that through all of my fears. My goals in this trip are to glorify God, to be a good and faithful servant, and to learn to have more faith.

I pray all of this in Jesus' name, Amen...

***

3 comments:

  1. You are all doing a great work. May God bless the hands of your work and open all doors to share his love with those you encounter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so wonderful Kay! Hope you have a wonderful trip and a fantastic time. I'm afraid to fly as well and have many anxieties too from time to time so I very much can relate! Again, have a fantastic and safe trip!

    ~Dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless u! U r doing a great thing

    ReplyDelete